Warzone Atlanta Bound


November 11-13th marks the 2nd annual Warzone Atlanta tournament.  I was unable to attend last year, as I had just went to the Redstone Rumble the month prior.  This year a couple of friends in my club and I are heading to the ATL to throw down in the biggest major in the southeastern United States.  So what am I taking? Well, everyone's favorite, of course; Eldar.

First here's a look at my list:

++Eldar 1850++
++CAD++
HQ:
Farseer skyrunner w/ spirit stone relic
Autarch skyrunner w/ laser lance

Troops:
Scatbikes x3
Scatbikes x3
Scatbikes x3
Scatbikes x3
Dire Avengers x5
Wave Serpent scatter lasers
Dire Avengers x5
Wave Serpent scatter lasers

Heavy:
Warp Hunter w/ stones, ghostwalk matrix
Vaul's Wrath Batter x2 w/ D cannons

LOW:
Wraithknight w/ D Cannons and scatter laser

++Aspect Host++
Warp Spiders x5
Warp Spiders x5
Warp Spiders x5


As you can see, my list is heavy on the ranged D weapons.  Warzone Atlanta uses their own FAQ separate from the ITC which is much more closely aligned with the current GW Draft version.  As a result, they are not using a modified Ranged D chart. Instead they are using the normal Destroyer Weapon Table in the BRB. That means ranged Destroyer weapons will likely be quite prominent in this event.

The list is pretty straight forward. It's fast, lots of Obsec, lots of high strength shooting, and some heavy hitting D weapons for the extra punch. The Autarch is here to modify reserve rolls as I tend to keep my Warp Spiders in deep strike reserve to pounce on backfield units and GMCs.

This army is mostly painted, and I'm looking at roughly a two week window to finish it up.  I need to paint my Vauls Wrath Battery, a squad of Warp Spiders, and my Warp Hunter.  I recently acquired the Warp Hunter and in test games so far, it has been a powerful addition to the army.  I've already started the painting process, but still quite a ways to go on it yet.

I'm really looking forward to this event. Will be my first Major event this year and although my hopes aren't high for a top 8 finish, I'm anxiously awaiting being able to compete at a high level among a lot of great competitive players and armies.  Until then I'll be a painting fool as I get ready to get this army on the table. 

And if you are planning on attending Warzone Atlanta, please shoot me an email at robertchandler@gmail.com so we can have a beer and shoot the shit and talk shop! 



Warzone Atlanta Bound Warzone Atlanta Bound Reviewed by RobChandler on 7:42:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments

Post AD