Redstone Rumble Day 2

I've been dreading writing this for a while now. Not because I did poorly in the event, but because my first game of day 2 was so frustrating I really didn't want to rehash it. At any rate in case anyone out there is actually reading the blog I felt it was only fair to go ahead and complete the tourney report.

So as I posted earlier, in day 1 I faced off against space marines battle company, war convocation, and Astra Militarum, all of which were great games and I had the pleasure of playing some wonderful opponents. Finishing at 2-1 I felt pretty good about day 2. 

Round 4 vs superfriends Death Star. Dark Angels/Space Wolves/Iron Hands


My opponent in this game was a gentleman by the name of Paul Murphy who somehow has some ties to Forge the Narrative. He was running the superfriends deathstar with a smashf***er chapter master, sammael and some ravenwing bikes, some Space Wolves thunder priests and wolves meat shields. He also had the stalker formation, a 3 man ravenwing bike squad, 2 land speeder storms with heavy flamers and scouts on board, and another squad of scouts on foot. He won the roll to deploy first. I got the infiltrate warlord trait so I infiltrated my fire dragons up on the stalkers. I then managed to seize the initiative on him, which ended up being a big deal. The fire dragons moved up and took out all 3 stalkers on turn 1. 

Now by this point we had already had some cross words. Yes already in turn 1. I don't know if it was just because it was early in the morning on the 2nd day of a long tournament, or if he was frustrated I seized. Needless to say the tone was set for this one early and it wasn't pleasant. Throughout the game we would have words back and forth here and there as well as some mistakes that I didn't realize until the game was over. Needless to say I managed to win this game making me 3-1 heading into the final round. He was my most frustrating opponent of the entire event, and I'm sure he'd say the same of me. 

Final result: Eldar win

Round 5 vs Eldar/Dark Eldar


This game ended up being one of my favorites throughout the event. I got to play a guy named Jesse who went on to win best sportsmanship for the event. And indeed he was a class act opponent. 

He ended up winning the roll to take turn 1 and I couldn't seize. Considering he had wraithguard everywhere in raiders it was really vital I went first to knock the transports out. Alas it wasn't meant to be and by end of turn 1 I had wraithguard in my face. It was an uphill fight after that as the first couple of rounds my dice rolls were just awful. Comically so in fact and even Jesse noted this. In the end I could have made it close and possibly win, but he managed to take it turn 6. 

So, I finished the Redstone Rumble at 15th overall and went 3-2. Took on some really tough lists with some (mostly) classy opponents. It was a great time overall and I look forward to next year. 


Redstone Rumble Day 2 Redstone Rumble Day 2 Reviewed by RobChandler on 7:22:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments

Post AD