Redstone Rumble 2015 40k ITC Tourney Report

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending my first Redstone Rumble GT held in Huntsville, AL.  This year the event became an official ITC tourney.  All in all it was an amazing event.  My friend and I drove 4.5 hours to be there.  We met and played with some great folks.  What you really want to know about are the results I'm sure. Winning lists are detailed after the jump.





I will admit, I came into this tournament a bit skeptical.  This was the first time I'd be testing my skills against complete and total strangers for an entire weekend.  Yes, I have played in many tournaments, but usually local and most of the players are friends.  So this was going to be an entirely new experience for me.  I decided to enter the event with an open mind and a positive attitude and the reality blew away my expectations.

More about that later. Right now, let's talk about the top 3 lists (as I'm sure that's what you're REALLY interested in anyway).

Top 3 were as follows:
Best overall was Matthew Rogers - Grey Knights Nemesis Strike Force/Space Marines/Imperial Knights
2nd overall was Jamie Grigsby - Renegades of Vraks/CSM
3rd overall was John Ross - Necrons/Necrons

I didn't have the pleasure of facing any of these lists myself (probably for the best considering how well they did).  Matt's low model count centstar was the beast of the event though.  It was interesting that this list performed so well considering the lords of war and super heavies out there to counter it, but apparently it was quite devastating.  No shocker here though.  That's kind of what centstar does.  Of course, a necron decurion in the mix isn't exactly surprising either.  What I found most interesting was the Renegades army winning 2nd.  Mr. Grigsby had 11 artillery carriages each firing large blast str 9 and 10 ordnance blasts per turn.  A massive amount of bodies meant near total board control and made it nearly impossible for enemies to deep strike anywhere remotely close to the carraiges.  This was quite literally an old school IG leafblower list.  And he literally did just that.  Blowing everyone off the board.

As for myself, I placed 15th.  I would have finished in the top 8 had I won my last matchup, but I couldn't pull out the win.  I finished 3-2.  My list can be found here

My 1850 Eldar army for Redstone Rumble
I'll be posting more in the next day or two, but overall I had an amazing time. Met some really great people and shared some pretty epic moments.  It was an amazing event and I can't wait until 2016.



Redstone Rumble 2015 40k ITC Tourney Report Redstone Rumble 2015 40k ITC Tourney Report Reviewed by RobChandler on 1:25:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments

Post AD